I have several projects in the queue that I'll be tackling right off the bat in 2017. I like knowing what is out there so I'm using this as an opportunity to get my hands dirty in a variety of things. I will be trying a variety of CMSs and a variety of platforms. The projects include:
Sunday funday... not. It all started with wanting to get git set up for a project I've been working on for some time. I've been the only developer and just never got around to setting it up with version control (gasp... I know. don't judge me. lol). Well, now we have others joining the team so I figured it was about time. I learned a lot of stuff, gleaned bits and pieces and now we are off to the races. We have the repo, can push/pull/ have users, groups, permissions. And it all works.
Here is a little story to add to the "Lessons Learned" chapter of my Drupal life...
I got an urgent message via Skype: THE REGISTRATION FORM IS GONE! Dang, I just saw it yesterday!
After much trial and error, I have a method I use to install Drush 7 on Windows. we have tested the following instructions on both Windows 7 and 8 and using XAMPP. I did a lot of research and trial and error and finally got it to work. I posted a blogpost about it the DrupalistastGroup website. Check it out for more information.
While most projects have some things in common, it seems that requirements specific to each project mean that I find something new to add to my Drupal toolbox. Here are some of the helpers that made this go 'round a bit smoother.
Responsive equal heights columns with jquery
So I went to my hosting company, spun up a new server so I could clone an existing site and started getting things situated. Then boom bash boom. Errors coming up all over the place. As it turns out the new servers have php5.4 rather than php5.3.something-er-other. When the announcement came out that 5.3.6 would be facing end of life cycle I figured there may be some new problems as a result. Sure 'nuff, there they are. Here are some notes about what I've run into and solutions I've found (hopefully).
This was pretty easily solved with the patch in the link.
Please let me know if you have any questions about this wacky project of mine, my wonderful Drupal services, or if you wanna know just how tastey that guacamole live is! mmm mmmmmm mmmmm!